Key Account Manager - Custom Manufacturing
An established and fast growing company focused on serving the Industrial, Medical, Dental, Food, and Automotive OEM
markets is seeking a Strategic / Key Account Manager
to join the team. This is a newly created role designed to take these key account responsibilities off the current Vice President and dedicate more time and focus to these larger accounts. This role is ideal for a candidate that has potential to be groomed for greater responsibility.
The Key Account Manager
in this custom manufacturing environment is responsible for all account activities relating to the business segment’s largest, most important customers. This individual will call on major accounts to cultivate relationships, identify opportunities and increase sales. This position coordinates the company’s identified sales efforts toward these customers. This is a leadership position with a good deal of autonomy.
Success Factors include:
- Achieve profitable growth in identified market and customer segments consistent with company objectives.
- Uncover and assess customer needs and creatively develop new applications for technology and manufacturing core competencies.
- Provide exceptional customer experience for business partners and prospects to develop long-term business opportunities.
- Four-Year college degree. MBA or equivalent experience a plus.
- Minimum 6+ years relevant business experience, with 3 of those years assigned to national or strategic accounts.
- Business to business sales experience, particularly in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated success in a sales position that involved negotiating complex transactions with upper-level management positions at the customer.
- Skilled in developing sales penetration and growth strategies at targeted accounts.
- Proficient in assessing customer needs.
- Excellent negotiation, financial and business acumen skills.
Position can be based anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, or Mid West near a major airport. Role requires up to 50% travel. Competitive and incentivized compensation package, 401-K with company match, and health benefits..
This is a high priority search, so please apply promptly. Qualified candidates will receive fast response with greater details.