Vice President of Information Technology
The Vice President of Information Technology is a hands-on role responsible for creating and establishing the company’s future technology vision while developing a road map for all aspects of the company’s technology operations. This position is responsible for maintaining existing systems while providing future direction for all things technology. Ensures continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance. Ensures IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations. Establishes lines of control for current and proposed information systems. The Vice President of Information Technology plays an integral role in setting the company’s technology direction, while positioning the company’s systems operations as a leader in our industry.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Develop corporate strategic plans, yearly business plans, and IT long-range system plans supporting the company’s strategic plan.
- Manage all aspects of information technology including applications development, open systems platforms, local and wide area networks, operating systems installation and support, data security and communications.
- Develop and coordinate administrative functions including capital and expense budgets, hardware acquisitions and vendor negotiations.
- Monitor information technology performance and recommend continual improvements.
- Ensure a robust security and disaster recovery program for the company.
- Build and lead a high performing IT team.
- Supervise software testing, and information systems security and maintenance.
- Propose new and emerging technologies to support the necessary changes required to reach the company’s business goals, needs, and objectives.
- Work with technology vendors to ensure business requirements are understood and translated for optimal technical solutions for the company.
- Partner with Functional Executive Leaders to coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholder to define business and system requirements for new technology plans.
- Build an IT strategy that tightly aligns/connects with the business strategy. Develop, implement and maintain a long-range staffing, hardware, operating systems, data networking and security plans that meet the strategic and growth needs of the business and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Leads development, maintenance and implementation of security programs surrounding data, information and system access; including timely evaluation of current trends.
- Oversee IT business plans, strategic direction, and standards for procedures and policies, and provide a framework for outsourced technology vendors.
- Lead organization in anticipating and reacting to major technology changes
- Keep current on trends and issues in IT industry, including current technologies and prices.
- Responsible for software development, up time, and security of the E-Commerce company site. This includes, inventory, pricing and sales feeds for all E-Commerce related integrations to the company’s core systems as well as sustained performance, planning, and future growth.
- Supervise web application and software development as well as generate new products and facilitate their entry to market
- 10-15 years of extensive IT management experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with a specialization in Information Technology Management a plus
- Ability to engage in case study analysis to gain insights into real-world business challenges
- Experience in evaluating technology problems and creating manageable solutions
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Must be fully proficient in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate tremendous organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats.
- Must possess excellent leadership and problem-solving skills and demonstrate the ability to think creatively to offer resolutions to difficult situations.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the state of residency, valid passport and the ability to travel internationally.
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities to perform the job duties.
Work is performed primarily indoors. Lighting is artificial. Equipment used includes standard office equipment i.e. computer, Cell phone and copy machine. Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, repetitive use of either or both hands. Hours and days are primarily Monday through Friday.