Position Title: Sales Manager
Department: Water conditioning equipment sales
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Household sales representatives / Bottled Water sales representatives
Manage, direct and ensure that all sales representatives work in an efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Attain sales goals as required through lead generation and other prospecting avenues.
Essential functions, duties to include but not limited to:
- Creates an atmosphere of teamwork with other department heads, supervisors and other employees.
- Assist in hiring of new employees, train and evaluate in all aspects of the sales process.
- Holds sales personnel accountable in presentation of correctly documented paperwork.
- Assists household sales representatives in meeting customers in their homes, reviewing the scope of work and advising of the best possible solution.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Works with the service manager to ensure proper cohesiveness between departments.
- Ability to up-sell additional products to existing customers.
- Works with general manager for assigned duties as needed
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity regarding all aspects of sales within the dealership
- Hold and participates in sales meetings, product shows and trade seminars.
- Prepares written documentation, reports and price quotations.
- Assist staff in goal setting and development of action plan to achieve goals.
- Be alert to internal/external practices that waste supplies, utilities and time.
- Maintain working relationship with all departments within the dealership.
- Other assorted duties as assigned.
- Strong positive attitude and work ethic required.
- Desire to continue the education process of self and employees.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan.
- Several years’ prior experience in direct selling/renting preferably in the water conditioning environment.
- Provable ability to demonstrate proper work habits to subordinates.
- Must be able to read, write and understand verbal communications in English.
- Computer experience required.
- Body movements required: bending, stooping, typing, lifting up to 50lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college helpful.
- Face-to-Face Customer Service experience required
This job description may not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason