Our client is a fast growing privately held manufacturing company located in the St. Louis area.
We are looking for a Controller to be a key member of our Accounting department. The Accounting department is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s accounting, annual management of GAAP financial reporting as well as maintaining a system of internal controls. As the Accounting department is very dynamic and is frequently called upon to provide Senior Management with critical financial information, other ad hoc responsibilities will be assigned on an as needed basis.
As this department is responsible for external reporting to the owners, and in connection with credit facilities the ability to manage deadlines and department workload to successfully accomplish the task within the given time frames is critical.
- Ensure financials records are maintained in compliance with GAAP
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Prepare month-end General Ledger close entries
- Reconcile and maintain Balance Sheet accounts, including multiple cash accounts
- Maintain all audit work papers and prepare for yearend audit
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Consolidate financial statements for shareholder presentation
- Preparation of weekly, monthly management reporting
- Inventory Controls – Cycle counting, Slow Moving analysis and monitoring of variances in materials and labor
- Assist in preparation and coordination of the audit process
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Maintain Fixed Assets ledger; review lease agreements to ensure capital leases are recorded correctly; properly account for disposals; set up assets with proper book/tax depreciation rates according to Company policy; post monthly depreciation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years general accounting experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Proficiency in Word and Excel is required
- Cost accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Finance & Operations Required – Experience with an Implementation Preferred
- Highly motivated
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with people from all levels of the organization
- Positive attitude
- Organizational skills
- Exciting, fun, high energy culture surrounded by people that want to win!
- Highly competitive base pay with strong additional compensation opportunities.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and retirement savings program with a strong company match.
- This is a full-time position with advancement potential onto the executive management team.